We’ve all had those days. Those days when you’re rushing to soccer practice, filling out permission slips, going over the same spelling words the un-teenth time,
creating homemade buying Book Week costumes, listening to your 5 year old read aloud ANOTHER fascinating story about Kipper’s adventures, only to look at the clock and shriek, Oh Crap! It’s dinnertime and I have no idea what to make in 15 minutes!
It’s days like this when you need this super easy recipe for 15 Minute Sliced Beef Sandwiches! Really any cut of meat works would taste amazing in a steak sandwich. However when you only have 15 minutes, nothing beats the super thinly sliced hotpot beef packs sold at all Chinese grocery stores, because the meat cooks in like 2 minutes. And if you season it properly it’s excellent for sandwiches. I’ve used it for Philly Cheesesteaks in a fresh hoagie bun, in place of ground beef in tacos and of course stir fry’s. But as I said, seasoning is the key here. I put together a killer seasoning list for beef sandwiches with spices that I guarantee you have you on your spice rack. The flavour was so good that I didn’t even use mayonnaise! (For those of you who knew me as a child, I used to eat mayonnaise from the jar. And sticks of butter… I was a weird child I know)
Admittedly, the meat is a bit fatty but all of that fatty goodness guarantees you a flavourful sandwich. I love to add fresh vegetables like bell peppers, mushrooms and red onions to my sandwiches, but feel free to use any vegetable you have on hand.
As for the bread, once again I’ve turned to my good friend IKEA. They sell this really thin bread that’s perfect for wraps. I’ve even used it for Shawarma Sandwiches instead of pita. Next time you go to IKEA grab a couple and throw them in the freezer for when you have 0 time to run to the market for bread.
Top them with shredded cheese, lettuce and tomatoes, perhaps a bit of mayo and there you have it! 15 Minute Sliced Beef Sandwiches!
Ready in 15 minutes from ingredients you already have at home, you can't beat this yummy Sliced Beef Sandwich!
- 250g Hotpot Sliced Beef
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced
- 250g Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese (white cheddar, mozzarella or gouda)
- 1 1/2T Worcestershire Sauce
- 1T Vegetable Oil
- 1 Pack IKEA Tunnbrod Flatbread
- Lettuce, shredded
- Tomatoes, chopped small
- Mayonnaise. optional
- 1/2T Seasoning Salt
- 1/2T Onion Powder or Dried Onion Flakes
- 1t Black Pepper
- 1t Paprika
- Heat oil in a large wok pan. Salute bell peppers and red onions until softened, but still crispy. Add mushrooms and saute quickly. Sprinkle over all but 1T of the seasoning and 1T Worcestershire Sauce. Use a slotted spoon to remove the vegetables and set aside.
- Add beef to the same wok that you used for the vegetables. Saute 2 minutes until cooked through. Add 1/2T Worcestershire Sauce.
- In a Tunnbrod Flatbread, place lettuce, tomatoes, sautéed vegetables, beef and cheese in the middle of the bread. Top with mayonnaise if you like and enjoy!
Go ahead and use any vegetables you have on hand.