These simply delicious Apple Pie Egg Rolls have the perfect amount of sweetness and crunch! And the extra drizzle of glaze will make them so good you won’t want to share them!
Last year I made these Apple Pie Egg Rolls before but to say they were a disaster would be putting it mildly. I didn’t drain the juice from the apples. I didn’t seal the ends with water. I attempted to bake them as opposed to fry them. Big mistake. Apple Pie Egg Rolls taste the best when they’re fried!
So since I ordered another box of apples this year from Goma Greens I decided to try my hand again with the Apple Pie Egg Rolls. Can I just say yummy!! I used spring roll wrappers because they’re readily available but egg roll wrappers work just fine too. Spring roll wrappers in China are a lot like egg roll wrappers, but a little thinner. They work just fine (but maybe a little less crunchy).
It’s important to let the apples sit in the fridge for 30 minutes after tossing them with spices, sugar and a bit of flour to let the flavors develop. Then wrap them in the spring roll wrappers, remembering to really seal in the edges with water so the filling doesn’t seep out. Once you’ve rolled them you can do one of two things. Start frying them up in hot oil. Or, you can freeze them for later. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet not touching, then when they freeze up toss them in a ziplock bag and place them back in the freezer. Take them out of the freezer and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet 30 minutes before frying.
After frying mine, which I did right away- because I just could not wait, I decided to make them a bit more decadent! Since I’ve been craving Apple Fritters, I added a drizzle of glaze to them with the a sprinkling of cinnamon. So, so good! So good I think I’m going to go back some more right now!
Yields 12 Apple Pie Egg Rolls
These simply delicious Apple Pie Egg Rolls have the perfect amount of sweetness and crunch! So good maybe you won't share them!
40 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 4 large Apples, peeled and cored
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 12 Spring Roll or Egg Roll Wrappers
- Oil, for frying
- 1¼ cups Powdered Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla
- 3-4 teaspoons Warm Water
- Dice the apples into small pieces. Toss with the lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, flour and sugar. Let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- On each egg roll wrapper, place 2 tablespoonfuls of the apple mixture. Fold in the sides of the wrapper then roll it up tightly.
- Dab your finger with water and seal the edges.
- Fry in hot oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from oil and drain on a paper-towel lined plate.
- While the egg rolls are frying, make the glaze. Whisk together all of the ingredients until a not-too thick paste forms.
- Drizzle the glaze over the Apple Pie Egg Rolls. Serve warm.