This Simply Delicious Asian Vegetable Rice is made with fresh onions, carrots, green beans, cabbage and ginger, but the recipe is delicious with any vegetables and even chicken!
You would think living in China we eat enough Chinese food, but we really don’t. Chinese food in China is nothing like in the USA. When we go to the Chinese restaurants here, my son loves to order the rice which comes with little bits of ground lamb and even less veggies. To me it’s not super flavorful but he gets it every time. Since I was in the mood for something Asian, and the vegetables I had in the fridge were screaming for an Asian recipe, I decided to go with a super simple but delicious Asian Vegetable Rice. The recipe for the rice is so simple, but there is so much delicious flavor in this bowl.
While I didn’t use chicken in the rice, I could have- and probably will the next time. Did I mention that the flavor was fabulous?! I used carrots, onions, green beans, and Chinese cabbage then to make sure it was extra flavorful I used fresh ginger and vegetable broth as opposed to water.
It was seriously scrumptious, vegetarian and ready to eat in less than 30 minutes!
This easy and delicious Asian Vegetable Rice is made with fresh onions, carrots, green beans, cabbage and ginger, but the recipe is delicious with any vegetables and even chicken!
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onions, diced small
- 1 Carrot, diced small
- 1 cup bite-sized pieces Green Beans
- 1 Chinese Cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 inch Ginger Piece, grated
- 1 1/2 cup Short Grain Rice
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 small bunch Green Onions
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Seeds, optional
- Heat the oil in a wide bottom pot. Saute the onions and carrots for 3 minutes. Add the green beans and cabbage and continue sauteeing for 3 more minutes. Stir in the ginger.
- Stir in the rice, vegetable broth, sesame oil and soy sauce. Bring to a boil reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
You can add chicken, ground lamb or shrimp to this recipe.