I really enjoy my weekly subscription to Goma Greens. Fresh vegetables and fruit delivered to my door every week. Who wouldn’t love that? Not only is it convenient, the variety forces me to get even more creative with ingredients. Instead of buying my usual arsenal of tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, the box includes other items that I love but don’t ordinarily think to buy.
This proclamation of love brings me to gorgeous head of cauliflower in last weeks box. We love cauliflower, but I often forget to include it in my shopping or I buy it, forget about it and it goes bad. Since I love Goma’s products I am very careful that I don’t waste anything. The freshness and quality also merits that I make the vegetables the highlight of dinner. Cauliflowers in China are different than cauliflowers in the USA. Whereas in the USA they’re very hard florets, with hard stalks, Chinese cauliflower is much softer from the floret to the stalk. Same taste. Absolutely delicious raw or cooked but texturally it’s different.
So what can you do with a head of cauliflower? Lets see, there’s Cauliflower Soup, which I love. Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes. Yummy! Those are two great ideas to earn your cauliflower an Emmy for a Supporting Role.
But Goma Greens cauliflowers deserve more.
They deserve an Emmy for LEAD ROLE!
Because cauliflower can be so much more than a side dish!
- 1 head Cauliflower, cut into medium sized florets
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 2/3 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 pound Spaghetti Noodles
- 2-3 cups of Marinara Sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil, add the cauliflower and boil until very al dente. About 5 minutes. Drain and let sit in a colander for 30 minutes to remove all of the liquid.
- Meanwhile make the noodles as per the package directions.
- Whisk together water and eggs in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, salt and basil in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a pot of oil over high heat. It's ready when you splash in a couple of drops of water and th oil sizzles.
- Dunk the cauliflower in the egg mixture then coat in the flour. Repeat with all of the cauliflower.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Pour noodles in a bowl, add a marinara sauce, then the fried eggplants and top with more marinara and parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy hoy!
Boil the cauliflower first so they hold their shape when frying.