Chicken Cabbage Salad with Almond Ginger Dressing is a delicious lunch idea and can be ready to enjoy in less than 15 minutes!
You’ve got to love a salad that’s ready to go in less than 15 minutes. Why does this salad only take 15 minutes?? Because it’s easy! And because you’re going to use the shredded chicken breast that you have in your freezer.
How many times have I told you to make sure you always have a bag or two of shredded chicken breast in the freezer?
Whenever I go to Metro, I buy at least 3 bags of chicken breasts- each bag weighs 2 pounds (1 kilo). I throw 2 of the bags in the freezer and the other bag I boil with a few slices of onion, salt, peppercorns, a cinnamon stick and 1 bay leaf for about 30 minutes or until the chicken has cooked through. Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, I shred it, measure it out into 1 cup piles and then place it in a Ziplock bag. Easy peasy!
Take the bag of chicken out of the freezer the night before you’re going to use it and place it in the refrigerator to thaw. If you’re going to add the chicken to a stew or casserole, you can add the chicken frozen.
Seriously, having shredded chicken in your freezer is so easy and handy, you’ll wonder how you ever lived with out it!
Then you’ll be able to make this delicious Chicken Cabbage Salad with Almond Ginger Dressing in no time! My whole family seriously loved this salad! The star of this dish? Oh my it’s definitely the Almond Ginger Dressing! Make the salad dressing at least 30 minutes in advance and refrigerate to allow the flavors to blend to together. Try the dressing as a dipping sauce for chicken tenders or serve it with Grilled Salmon over a salad for another delicious idea!
Chicken and Cabbage Salad with Almond Ginger Dressing is a delicious lunch idea and can be ready to enjoy in less than 15 minutes!
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 1 Chinese Cabbage, sliced thin
- 2 Carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 small Bunch Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
- 4 tablespoons Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/2" piece of Ginger
- 1 small Garlic Clove
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients for the salad and toss with your hands.
- In a food processor or blender, blend all of the ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use. Can be made up to 7 days ahead.
- Before serving toss the salad with the Almond Ginger Dressing. Serve cold.