Curried Cauliflower Rice Vegetable Soup is a low-carb, low-fat delicious recipe that is loaded with vegetables and perfect for cold autumn days. Best of all it’s ready in 30 minutes!
A broth based soup is perfect for those days where you eat way too much! My only problem with these soups is rice or pasta is usually added to them, making the soup a bit heavier than I want. Especially today. I went to Yuyuan Gardens and had a bag of chestnuts. Which sounds okay, except I ate a banana and peanut butter sandwich right before that. Then right after the chestnuts, a couple of friends and I went to Little Catch and had a poke bowl. All-in-all it wasn’t a high calorie day (maybe a but high for carbs I will admit), it was just a lot of food in a 2 hour window. So by time dinner came around I was just not in the mood for anything heavy or any carbs. I was still full but I knew that if I skipped dinner I would find myself snacking on a bag of Cheet-o’s later on (Thanks Beckie for Boo-in us with Cheet-o’s!)
Curried Cauliflower Rice Vegetable Soup is a super filling soup! I pulsed in the cauliflower florets in the food processor until it turned into rice-sized pieces. Super easy. The cauliflower is a yummy substitute for rice in soup. It has the texture of rice without the carbs. I added green beans, carrots and tomatoes to the soup with a handful of spinach at the end. The result was a scrumptious soup!
The recipe makes a lot of soup! I enjoy two big bowls for lunch!
Oh and about those Cheet-o’s…. I ate them for lunch with the soup the next day! Ugh!! Weakness!!
Yields Serves 8
Curried Cauliflower Rice Vegetable Soup is a low-carb, low-fat delicious recipe that is loaded with vegetables and perfect for cold autumn days. Best of all it's ready in 30 minutes!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Red Onion, diced small
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 small Bunch Cilantro, chopped
- 250g Green Beans, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 4 Cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Mild Curry
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 3 Cups Cauliflower Rice*
- 1 small Bunch Spinach Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Black pepper
- In a large pot heat the oil. Add the onions and saute until golden brown. Add the garlic and the cilantro and saute until aromatic.
- Stir in the carrots, tomatoes and green beans.
- Pour in the water, cumin and curry powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and let simmer for 10 minutes. Add the cauliflower rice and spinach leaves. Return to a simmer for a few more minutes.
- *Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is in small "rice-like" pieces.