You’re going to love this delicious and healthy Detox Kale Salad- loaded with kale, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, nuts and dried fruit, then drizzled with a maple lemon dressing!
I think I’ve already told you I love anything that has a sweet and savory flavor combination. It doesn’t necessarily have to be healthy, but it’s great if it is. Detox Kale Salad is a great option for when your body is craving different flavors AND something healthy. It gets its sweetness from the dried cranberries and raisins, and the savoriness from the vegetables and nuts.
How colorful and beautiful is this?
I actually shared it when I first started blogging but the pictures are terrible and I made a few changes since then, so I decided to share it with you today. It is one of my absolute favorites and while it has a lot of elements, it is seriously easy to make. After you wash all the vegetables you just pulse them in the food processor a few times until they are small pieces. Add in a handful of dried fruits and nuts and you have a delicious salad. But the absolute best part? The dressing! Oh it is so simple and has that perfect combination of lemon and sweet maple syrup. Oh I could just drink it straight from the jar! So good!!
A heads up about this recipe… it makes a lot. And when I say it makes a lot- take my word for it. The sheer quantity makes it perfect for a potluck or a large gathering. Or you could make the whole recipe, and only add the dressing to half. Store the other half in a ziplock bag or Tupperware for 2-3 days. Then add the other half of the dressing and enjoy it again a few days later. Or just half the recipe!
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 Broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 head Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Carrots, cut into 4 pieces each
- 1/2 pound 250g Kale (stems removed), chopped
- 1/2 cup Parsley
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- In a food processor pulse the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, kale and parsley until finely chopped. You can do them individually
- Stir in the sunflower seeds, cranberries and raisins.
- Add them lemon juice, vinegar and syrup. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir well.