I made Dragonfruit Jam a couple of days ago. When I first made it I thought it tasted quite nice, but more sugary tasting than dragonfruit-y. The longer it sat in the refrigerator the bolder the flavours of the dragonfruit and tangelo became. After a few days I tried it spread over my Better Than your Friends Pancakes and it was amazing! The flavours really developed and came through! Woohoo!
In honor of Pi Day and with the exotic taste of Dragonfruit Jam still on my mind I knew how my family was going to celebrate this mathematical holiday…
Let me tell you… I would make the Dragonfruit Jam again just so I can make the pie again! The flavours were so mellow. No part of the dessert was overwhelmingly sweet and the Mint Whipping Cream added a really cool element to the pie.
Dragonfruit Pie X 3.14159265359 = DELICIOUSNESS!
I wish everyday was Pi Day!
I love the exotic flavour of the dragonfruit paired with the freshness of the Mint Whipping Cream! A new favourite!
- 1 2/3 Cup Dragonfruit Jam
- Vanilla Pudding, cooked as per package directions and cooled
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 90g Butter, melted
- Mint Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2T Powdered Sugar
- 8-10 Mint Leaves, finely chopped
- Dump the crumbs into a large bowl. Add melted butter and sugar. Use your hands to thoroughly combine everything.
- Press into a glass pie pan. Press down to really pack in the crust.
- Bake at 350F for 6-8 minutes.
- Cool completely before proceeding.
- Before the peaks become too stiff add powdered sugar and mint leaves. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop the Whipping Cream into a piping bag.
- Top with Vanilla Pudding
- Refrigerate about 60 minutes so that the pudding sets.
- Top with remaining 2/3 Cup Dragonfruit Jam.
- Pipe Mint Whipping Cream over the pie and serve immediately.
Put the pie in the freezer for 30 minutes before making the Mint Whipping Cream. This will allow the pie to freeze up a bit and make it easier to serve.