You can get Enchilada Sauce in China. You really can. In the last few years the Chinese have discovered this strange cuisine called Mexican and since then, enchilada sauce has begun to appear in most of the major groceries and even some of the small food shops.
But what if… What if I told you that you could make your own Enchilada Sauce with ingredients that you have in your pantry? Seriously!
No chemicals. Just good seasonings profile combined with chicken broth.
Badabing bada boom!
Who would have thought it could be so easy to make something so delicious?
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 6 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 6 tablespoons Flour
- 12 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon Paprika
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add flour and whisk constantly until it has thickened, creating a roux.
- Add all of the spices. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly pour in chicken broth, whisking constantly.
- Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes or until reduced and thickened. Stir occasionally.
Use right away to make your favorite enchiladas or pour into a jar. Bring to room temperature before storing in the refrigerator.