I’m pretty sure every country has their own version of Chili. and the Lebanese are no different. Fasoolia is a really simple kidney bean dish to make and it’s absolutely delicious. It’s part of my family’s regular Lebanese dish rotation and makes it on our table at least once a month. I personally love it with a side of cabbage-tomato salad, drizzled with a simple dressing of salt, lemon juice, oil and vinegar. It compliments the Fasoolia very nicely. This time I made it with Kale Salad and while the salad itself was delicious, my taste buds are accustomed to eating Fasoolia with Cabbage Salad.
Beans beans they’re good for your heart! The more you eat the more you…..
Don’t forget to add the cumin! It’ll reduce feelings flatulence and bloating often associated with eating kidney beans.
Hope you enjoy!
- 1/8 cup Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 4 Garlics, minced
- 12 oz Beef, cubed into bite size pieces
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 cans Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/2T Salt
- 1t Cumin
- Heat olive oil on medium high heat. Add onions and saute untiltranslucent. Add coriander and garlic. Saute for 1 minute or until aromatic. Remove onion mixture from pot and set aside.
- Add beef to same pot as the onion mixture and brown the meat. Add bay leaf and water. Bring to boil on high heat. Reduce to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes, covered.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Return onion mixture to pot, as well as kidney beans, salt and cumin. Bring to boil on high then reduce to low and simmer 20 minutes, covered.
- Serve with basmati rice and a cabbage salad.