How cute are these Funfetti Cookies? Not only are the colorful and adorable, they also melt in your mouth! Perfect for Easter, birthday parties or just because it’s Friday!
With Easter just around the corner and my sweet tooth raging out of control, I had a hankering for a good melt in my mouth kind of cookie. That’s how these yummy Funfetti Cookies were created….
My Littlest Nomad was going on a playdate and I wanted to send her with a special treat for her and her friends to enjoy. Do you do that? Do you send treats or gifts for playdates? I do. Not all the time, but I really do try to. It’s a nice way to say thank you. I asked Littlest Nomad what she wanted and she said something pretty and colorful. We decided on these really easy Funfetti Cookies and she even got her hands dirty and helped me roll them up. When she got to her friend’s house she was so proud that she made these cookies. And if she can make them, your kids can too. The best thing is she can nibble on the batter while we’re rolling them since they’re egg-free!
When rolling the cookies, try not to handle them for too long as it will cause the butter to soften too much. If the batter becomes too soft, place the cookie tray in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes before popping them in the oven.
Yields 36Melt in Your Mouth Funfetti Cookies
How cute are these Funfetti Cookies? Not only are the colorful and adorable, they also melt in your mouth! Perfect for Easter, birthday parties or just because it's Friday!
10 minPrep Time
14 minCook Time
24 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 teaspoons Coconut Extract
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Sprinkles
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream the butter and powdered sugar until creamy with an electric mixer.
- With the mixer turned on, add the cornstarch, coconut extract, flour and salt. Mix until the batter is crumbly.
- Stir in the sprinkles.
- Roll pieces of the batter into medium sized balls (you can do larger or smaller, but you'll need to adjust the cooking time)
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool completely then dust with powdered sugar.6.6.15http://www.recipenomad.com/funfetti-cookies/