You’ll love this recipe for Ginger Cabbage and Beef Stir Fry! It’s delicious, healthy and ready in less than 30 minutes!
Cabbages are plentiful here in China so I am always looking for new dishes to make using them. Cabbage Rolls are my all time favorite way of using cabbages but they can be a bit of work. So this Thursday I had a head of cabbage in the fridge and since it’s Hummus Day here, I needed something quick to make for dinner. It’s also been a while since I’ve made anything Asian-like. Mostly because I live in Asia so it’s just easier to buy something than make it. But I was in the mood to cook so I came up with this yummy Ginger Cabbage and Beef Stir Fry. It’s ready in less than 30 minutes and the kids will gobble it all up! You might think 1 head of cabbage is too much but don’t worry. That big pile of cabbage will wilt so much while it’s cooking it’s hardly that much anymore. If you find a full head too much you can always reduce the amount to 1/2 a head.
Enjoy the Ginger Cabbage and Beef Stir Fry with a delicious bowl of cooked white rice!
You'll love this recipe for Ginger Cabbage and Beef Stir Fry! It's delicious, healthy and ready in less than 30 minutes!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 Cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 piece peeled Ginger (about 1 inch), grated
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 16 ounces Beef, sliced thin
- 1 Carrots, shredded
- 1/2 Onion, sliced thin
- 1 small Bunch Green Onions, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- Sesame Seeds
- Green onions
- Mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, water, oyster sauce and Cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat a wok on medium high heat until hot. Add the beef in batches. Cook without stirring for 2 minutes. Stir and then cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the carrots, ginger, garlic and green onions. Stir 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the shredded cabbage to the pan with 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil. Cook until the cabbage softens, 3-4 minutes. Add the beef and soy sauce mixture and mix well. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve with white rice and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.