Personally I love homemade Barbecue Sauce. The first time I made I was so surprised how easy it was! I always double the recipe because it’s an delicious way to fancy up a last minute barbecue afternoon! Our family has enjoyed it on a Slow Cooker Brisket, with chicken nuggets and brushed over chicken drumsticks on the grill.
Tastier than store bought, double the recipe and store it in the refrigerator! Brush it over grilled chicken, pour it over a brisket, or serve with homemade chicken nuggets! Delicious and sweet!
- 1/2 cup Onions, very finely chopped
- 1 Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Apple Juice
- 3 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Molasses
- 3 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Heat oil and saute onions, 8 minutes. Add garlic and saute until aromatic.
- Add remaining ingredients to saucepan and bring to boil on medium heat.
- Reduce to low and simmer, stirring often for 20 minutes or until thickened.