Lebanese Roasted Chickpeas are a delicious and healthy way to add crunch and flavor to humus, salad or just to snack on!
Like potato chips, the flavor options for Roasted Chickpeas are endless! I’ve seen spicy siracha flavored, beans sprinkled with za’atar, barbecue and even ranch flavored. My favorite way to enjoy them? Lebanese Roasted Chickpeas, sprinkled with sumac and a bit of coriander. They are so good!
And did I mention how EASY they are to make! The hardest part of it is peeling the chickpeas, but there are a few ways to peel them easily:
- Have your maid do it for you! (expat life is great isn’t it!)
- Soak the chickpeas in a deep bowl and fill with water. Rub the chickpeas in your hands to loosen the skin. As the skin floats to the top, remove them. Continue rubbing the peas until you’ve removed the peel from all of them.
But after you peel them you just toss it with a bit of olive oil and seasoning and there you go- Roasted Chickpeas! Spread them on a baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes- stirring occasionally. So easy!
I’ve made them a few times, and I end up eating the whole can by myself- because I didn’t share with anyone. I just make them, and find a dark quiet corner and pop one bean after another in my mouth until they’re all gone.
But this time I decided to be nice and share them with my friend Haley. Poor Haley. She is my guinea pig when it comes to trying different foods and deciding which of the 4563422 pictures that I should use. She’s honest- even when she’s being nice the look on her face is a giveaway if whatever I forced her to eat doesn’t taste good. So I decided to be nice and share the Lebanese Roasted Chickpeas with her. Luckily for me- and her- she loved them! As I was getting ready to go for a walk with her, she stood in my kitchen enjoying handfuls on the beans! She kept laughing at them and calling them
They’re not called Buttnuts Haley! They’re called chickpeas or garbanzo beans.
In fact I have a question- do you call these cute little buttnuts chickpeas or garbanzo beans? Hmmm….
I hope you love these chickpeas as much as Haley and I did! Please leave a comment and let me know!
Lebanese Roasted Garbanzo Beans are a delicious and healthy way to add crunch and flavor to humus, salad or just to snack on!
5 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Sumac
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 can Garbanzo Beans
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- To easily remove the peel from the Garbanzo Beans, submerge them in a deep bowl, filled with warm water for 10 minutes. Rub the beans between your hands to remove the peel. The peels will float to the top.
- Toss the garbanzo beans with all of the ingredients.
- Spread in a single layer
- Roast for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, but keeping the beans in a single layer.
- Serve over humus, in a salad or just enjoy them from the jar!
- Stays fresh and crunchy for 2 days in an airtight jar.