Valentine’s Day Marshmallow Cornflake Hearts are the perfect way to say Will You Be Mine! Every kid (big and small) will love these No-Bake Cornflake Cookies
My dear friend Sammi brought bright green Cornflake Wreaths for a Christmas Cookie Exchange. Before this day I had never had Marshmallow Cornflakes. But, my kids LOVED them! Sammi was so kind that she even came over a few days later and taught my Littlest Nomad how to make her own wreaths. Let’s just say they only lasted 24 hours.
Marshmallow Cornflake Hearts are like Rice Crispy Treats just better. Yep. They are really good! Added bonus? Carrefour sells their brand of cornflakes and it’s much cheaper than buying American Rice Krispy Cereal.
After eating my weight in these cute little cookies at Christmas I decided I would have to make them again for Valentine’s Day! These Marshmallow Cornflake Hearts are not only scrumptious but so adorable!
Seriously! How cute are these?
To make it start by melting the marshmallows and butter together. I had some pink marshmallows so I needed less food coloring than if I had used only white ones. Make sure you stir continuously so the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Once the marshmallows and butter melt, you just need to pour it over the cornflakes. I found it easier to stir with two wooden spoons- kind of folding the mess into itself until all of the cornflakes were covered in the marshmallows. But you really have to move fast to shape the Marshmallow Corn Flakes into hearts before the marshmallow sets.
Place a scoop of cornflake mixture in a heart shaped cookie cutter and press down to form a heart-shape. Sprinkle with pink and red candy hearts, and lots of sprinkles. It’s really not that hard!
Yields 12 hearts or 18 mini hearts
Valentine's Day Cornflake Marshmallow Hearts are the perfect way to say Will You Be Mine!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 4 cups Cornflakes
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 10 ounce bag of Marshmallows
- Red Food Coloring
- Red and Pink Sprinkles
- Spread a parchment paper on the counter. Lightly spray the inside of the heart cookie cutter with Pam Cooking Spray.
- Melt the butter, marshmallows and for coloring in a pan on low heat.
- Place the cornflakes in a large bowl. Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the cornflakes and carefully stir coating thoroughly.
- Take a 1/2 cup scoop of the cornflakes and press into the cookie cutter. Repeat with all of the cornflakes.
- Decorate with pink, red and white sprinkles.
- Eat right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. (If the Cornflake Hearts become hard, pop them in the microwave for 20 seconds to soften)