Mexican Beef and Pasta Bake… The perfect family dinner for when you can’t decide between pasta and Mexican night!
You ever open your cabinets and find a bunch of different random ingredients to make dinner? Then you ask your family want they would like for dinner and one kid begs for pasta and the other one wants taco. The third child of course asks for something obscure that you completely dismiss, focusing instead on what the first 2 asked for.
This is seriously a typical day in my kitchen. Trying to make everyone happy.
I have ingredients to make both pasta and tacos. So why not do a simple Mexican Beef and Pasta Bake? Take everything that you love in a taco and add some pasta to it. Because everyone is happy. And I am happy since I have all of the ingredients for it. I’m also happy that it takes less than an hour to make it.
I topped the Mexican Beef and Pasta Bake with a generous helping of sour cream and sliced avocados and boom! Dinner is made!
Smiles all around!
Mexican Beef and Pasta Bake... The perfect family dinner for when you can't decide between pasta and Mexican night!
15 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 8 ounces (250g) Orzo, cooked according to directions (or any kind of pasta)
- 8 ounces (250g) Ground Beef
- 1/2 Onion, chopped small
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped small
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 Corn, kernels only
- 1/2 pound Tomatoes, diced small
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Avocados, Chopped Cilantro and Sour Cream to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F (185C)
- On medium heat, in a large skillet, saute the onions and green peppers until soft.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef and brown. Pour in the water, corn, tomatoes and taco seasoning. Stir well to combine, and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a casserole bowl and stir in the cooked orzo and 3/4 of the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Garnish with sliced avocados, chopped cilantro and sour cream.
You can use any type of pasta