Have I ever mentioned that I love anything lemon? I can’t resist a slice of lemon cake, a glass of lemonade, lemon meringue pie, lemon cookies, chicken and lemon… Lemon! Lemon! Lemon! This Meyer Lemon Bundt Cake is the perfect dessert to crave my sweet and lemony tooth!
The batter is bursting with Meyer lemon flavour from the juice and the grated lemon peel. I said grated not zested. Bust out that big grater and grate the peel of the Meyer Lemon before juicing it. Zesting leaves you with tiny sprinkles of lemon peel in the cake, but that’s not what I love. I love big pieces of grated lemon peel. It packs a delicious punch and the cake will look so pretty when you slice into it. And if you don’t have Meyer Lemons, just use regular lemons. No big deal in this recipe. I promise.
While it’s perfectly tasty without any icing on top, a drizzle of Honey Lemon Icing really gives the cake an intense lemon flavour! To add a crunch element to the cake I crushed up some almonds and sprinkled it over the wet icing. That was a really good idea!
When I took the cake out of the oven it cracked! I was devastated thinking this cut was going to ruin the presentation of the cake. After a few minutes of contemplation, I decided to just slice into it and spread the pieces out a bit. The result was absolutely beautiful if I may say so myself!
Yields 12-18 slices
Give me a slice of this Lemon Bundt Cake anytime! Delicious and beautiful...Exactly what a good dessert should be!
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
2 hr, 50 Total Time
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 (Meyer) Lemon, grated
- 1 (Meyer) Lemon peel, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 Lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 cup Chopped Almonds
- Lemon Zest
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using an electric stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar on medium-high for 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the milk, honey, vanilla, lemon juice and zest.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Beating until just combined.
- Add in the milk mixture, then the remaining flour mixture. Beat until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a well greased bundt pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool on an iron rack for 15 minutes. Invert the pan onto your serving platter and remove the pan.
- Allow to cool completely before topping with the icing.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients. If dry, add in 1 teaspoon at a time until it reaches a thick, but pourable consistency.
- Garnish with extra zests of lemon and chopped almonds.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven