In an attempt to empty my refrigerator of the 8 x 1.5L milk jugs sitting on the shelves I made lots of Laban before we went to Hong Kong. The great thing about Laban is it stores really well and tastes even better with time. But now that I’m back I need to find some good uses for it.
I had a really nice Oatmeal in Yogurt at my sister in laws for brunch. It sounded good especially since I’m working full time and I desperately need a healthy and nutritious breakfast that I can eat on the go. Granola bars are too sweet. Bagels are too carby… But this Oatmeal in Yogurt will hit the spot and keep me full until lunch.
It’s easy and versatile to make as well. I used my favorite dried fruits and assortment of nuts to add extra flavor. I love dried cherries and apricots so I added lots of them. Since my Laban was quite tart I also added some honey for balance. Topping it with strawberries every mornings gives the Oatmeal in Yogurt and fresh kick!
This Oatmeal in Yogurt stores for 3-4 days in the refrigerator which is an added bonus! In the morning I scoop out 1/2 cup of the Oatmeal in Yogurt, add some fresh strawberries and…
Talk about starting the day right!
A healthy way to start your day!
- 3 cups Laban or Yogurt
- 2 cups Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Chopped Nuts like walnuts, almonds and academia
- 1/4 cup Dried Cherries, cut in half
- 1/4 cup Dried Apricots, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons Honey (optional)
- Garnish: cinnamon, strawberries, drizzle with honey, extra chopped walnuts, extra dried fruit
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with strawberries, cinnamon or anything else you like!