Can’t decide between chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookies? Then you’ll love these Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies! They’re the best of both worlds!
I love cookies! Doesn’t everyone? But when you can’t decide whether to make Chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin go for this scrumptious Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies! They’re soft, chewy and oh so delicious straight off of the cookie sheet! So delicious you might find yourself eating half the sheet before they ever make it on the cooling rack. Luckily this recipe makes more than enough cookies that you can do just that!
These Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies have everything you love in a cookie! Oats! Raisins! Chocolate Chips! Even coconut flakes! They’re sweetened with regular sugar, brown sugar and just a bit of honey. They’re crispy on the edge but then soft in the center. I mean seriously what more can you ask for?!
When my son came home from school he immediately poured a glass of milk and took a whole stack of these cookies inside. This kid loves his cookies and milk! We tease him that he’s going to get diabetes if he doesn’t put the cookies down!
This leads me to a very important question… Are you a cookies and milk kind of person or just cookies? As for me, I don’t drink milk. Never have. Even as a kid I don’t ever remember drinking a glass of milk, chocolate milk, strawberry milk or even eating a bowl of cereal with milk. So I love eating cookie with a cup of espresso or tea- Unsweetened of course.
By the way- after baking the Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies, do not take them off of the baking sheet right away. Let them sit on the sheet for a few minutes as the heat from the baking sheet will cook the cookies without drying them out. Yummy!
Can't decide between chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookies? Then you'll love these Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies! They're the best of both worlds!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 3/4 cup Coconut Flakes (desiccated is also ok)
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream the butter with both of the sugars for 2 minutes on medium-high speed. Add eggs and continue beating for 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla and honey.
- On low speed carefully add in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Beat in the Oats, Raisins, chocolate chips and Coconuts.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Roll the dough into 1" balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place them 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and leave on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.