I don’t have time.
I don’t have time to read my daughter a story every night.
I don’t have time to share my latest blog link on every social media platform that exists.
I don’t have time to go shopping for new sweatpants and I’m down to 2!
I don’t have time to spend hours and hours in the kitchen making a full meal every night.
I don’t have time.
But I need to find time wherever I can.
If I can take 30 minutes off of making dinner every night, then I can read my Littlest Nomad chapter 2 of the Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
If I can shave 15 more minutes off of dinner I can use that time to share my blog on Pinterest and Twitter (feel free to help me out and share, share, share!).
As much time as I save for here and there, I still don’t have time to get a new pair of sweatpants…
As a rule of thumb we all need a couple of easy recipes that we can make from start to finish in less than 30 minutes. A dish that doesn’t sacrifice vegetables and has lots of flavor. This is one of my favorites… Oh So Good One Pot Thai Vegetable Noodles.
One pot. Lots of vegetables. Tastes like I spent hours developing the flavors. My kind of dinner!
Carrots, broccoli, zucchini, bell pepper, onions, garlic and ginger. Add these (or any) vegetables to 1 pound (500g) of noodles and 5 1/2 cups (1375ml) of water, some simple Asian sauces and you have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. Okay, if you really want to make it complicated slice up a baguette on the side. But that’s it. Really. This dish is all you need to make your family happy and satisfied!
It’ll leave you with enough time at the end of the day and to do whatever you want to do.
Because you can.
And you deserve it.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
- 16 ounces Linguine (uncooked)
- 4 1/2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Water
- 4 Cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 inches of Ginger Root, sliced thin
- 1 large Carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 head Broccoli, cut to small florets
- 1/2 Onion, sliced thin
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, julienned
- 1/2 Zucchini, julienned
- 1 small bunch Green Onions, cut small
- 1 cup roasted Salted Peanuts
- 3 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- One small bunch Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Limes, juiced
- Arrange all ingredients except peanuts,cilantro and lime juice in a large pot, wide enough to lay the noodles down.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10-12 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so.
- Remove lid and cook for 2 more minutes or until pasta is al dente and almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in peanuts, cilantro and lime juice.