This recipe for Ground Chicken Chili is to die for! Made with ground chicken, 3 different kinds of beans and of course a brick of cream cheese it’s the perfect fall dinner!
It’s chili season! How excited are you? I love this time of year! It’s brisk, but not cold. Warm, but not hot. I just want to wrap up in a sweatshirt and drink a cup of hot tea all day. I love it!
It was a typical cold day in Shanghai and I asked Mr. Nomad what he was in the mood for for dinner. Typical, he says I don’t care. So I said what about Chili? And he was like YESSSSSSSS!!! So that’s what I made! But not the regular tomato based beef chili. I wanted something light so I went for a Ground Chicken Chili so that the chili would have the texture of traditional Beef Chili. If you don’t have ground chicken you can easily through some chicken breast in your food processor and process it until it’s ground up.
To make the Ground Chicken Chili extra creamy I used a whole 8 ounce brick! Like you would do with Velveeta, you just drop the cheese in the pot as it’s simmering and allow it to melt away. Life doesn’t get much better than chili with cream cheese!!
You can make the recipe in a crockpot but honestly the whole dish takes less than 60 minutes from start to finish- and most of that time is just cooking the chili. Easy peasy and oh so delicious!
Enjoy with lots of green onions, cilantro, limes and sliced avocados! I like to add a little bit of Chipotle Sauce to it! MMM!!!
This recipe for Ground Chicken Chili is to die for! Made with ground chicken, 3 different kinds of beans and of course a brick of cream cheese it's the perfect fall dinner!
15 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
10 hr, 55 Total Time
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Bell Peppers, diced
- 3 Green Chilies, seeded and diced
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 pounds Ground Chicken
- 2 Ears Corn, kernels only
- 2 cans Cannelini Beans, drained
- 2 cans Black Beans, drained
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 4 cups Water
- 1 Chicken Bullion
- 1/2 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- To Garnish:Avocados, Green Onions, Limes and Cilantro
- In a large pot, saute the onions and bell peppers in the vegetable oil until softened.
- Add the chicken and saute until cooked through.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the pot.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until the cream cheese has melted, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onions and limes.