This recipe for Pan Roasted Baby Potatoes is ridiculous! This is not the first time I pan roast baby potatoes, but admittedly it’s my first time roasting them in olive oil (I usually use butter). Using high quality olive oil really accentuated the flavours of the thyme and potatoes. The potatoes were crispy and delicious! Just keep in mind the potatoes are going to get dark… They’re not burning so relax. If you put too many potatoes in your pan, stir them so that the ones that aren’t touching the bottom of the pan also brown.
If you don’t serve them right away, drain the excess oil and reserve. Drizzle over the potatoes before serving.
And a little tip… Dip the roasted potatoes in the excess olive oil! Soooooo good!
Using high quality Kastro Grove Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil really accentuated the flavours of the thyme and potatoes. The potatoes were crispy and delicious!
5 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 pounds (1kg) Baby Potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1/2 cup Kastro Groves Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Black Pepper
- Garnish: Additional sprigs of Thyme
- In a large heavy bottom skillet, heat the olive oil on medium heat. Sprinkle over the oil a layer of salt to cover the entire bottom of the pan.
- Place the potatoes cut side down in the pan. Fry the potatoes for 8-10 minutes. If all of your potatoes are browned, reduce heat as low as possible, add the sprigs of thyme and garlic and cover and cook for 20 more minutes. If they're not all browned go to the next step.
- Reorganize the non browned potatoes so that they're sitting in the pan cut side down. Cook again on high for 10 minutes or until the potato bottoms are browned. Reduce to low and the thyme and garlic. Cover and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Potatoes are done when they can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Serve hot in oil or drain the oil and serve later at room temperature.
- Season with additional sprigs of thyme.