Forget the tortilla chips and give these super delicious Potachos a try! Thinly sliced potatoes, are perfectly seasoned, baked and topped with your favorite nacho toppings like cheddar cheese, tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream!
I’ve been making Potachos for a while now. I didn’t invent the Potachos. They’re my favorite snack food at The Village Inn in Sylvania, Ohio. When I taught at Southvirw High School I used to go there after school on Fridays with the other teachers and we would order lots of Potachos… Lots!
Because they’re amazing!!
And so seriously easy to make. All you need to do is thinly slice a couple of potatoes (don’t even bother peeling them) and top with cheesy goodness. Personally I love my nachos simple… with tomatoes, green onions and a giant heaping of sour cream. But you can go wild and add jalapeños, black beans, refried beans, guacamole and even ground beef.
On Saturday our neighborhood had a Welcome Back potluck and I made a very large tray of these bad boys and you know what? They were gone faster than I could say POTACHOS!
Potachos are definitely the ultimate snack food, perfect for a neighborhood potluck, tailgating party or birthday party snack. Just top the potatoes with your favorite nacho toppings like tomatoes, jalapeños, olives and dig in! Don’t forget lots and lots of sour cream too!
But warning, things might get deliciously messy!
Potachos are definitely the ultimate snack food, perfect for a neighborhood potluck, tailgating party or birthday party snack. Just top the potatoes with your favorite nacho toppings like tomatoes, jalapeños, olives and dig in! Don't forget lots and lots of sour cream too!
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 4 large Potatoes, sliced very thin (no need to peel)
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- To Garnish: Tomatoes, Green Onions, Black Olives, Jalapeños
- To Serve: Sour Cream
- Preheat Oven to 400F
- Toss the sliced potatoes, the oil and the seasonings together. Use your hands to thoroughly coat the potatoes.
- Evenly spread out on a parchment lines baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the potatoes start to crisp on the edges. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle over the shredded cheese, and your garnishes. Return to the oven for 2-3 minutes so the cheese melts.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Slice the potatoes as thin as you can so that they cook quickly and become crispy. Speaking of crispy making sure you pat down the potatoes with a paper towel after slicing to remove excess moisture.