I made Pumpkin Pie but ended up with leftover pumpkin mix. I refuse to throw anything away. That’s just wasting! So I ran upstairs to my “Costco Room” and found mini tartlets from Metro that would make bite-sized mini Pumpkin Tartlets. This actually worked out perfectly since I need a baked good for YCIS‘s annual Christmas Bazaar Baked Good contest. Hope they win!
So your big question: How many will this make? I don’t know! I tried to calculate it for you and if the pumpkin puree is 450g and the condensed milk is 400ml and you’re using 7.5ml of mixture in each tartlet this should make over 100 tartlets!! So be flexible with the quantity or just use leftover pumpkin pie mix to make as many as you can.
I was able to make 20 with my leftover mixture ( about 150g)
Pumpkin Tartlets with Caramel Pecan
Adapted from Delish
- 1 15-oz. (450g) can Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 tsp. (1.25g) Salt
- 1 tsp. (5g) Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. (2.5g) Ginger
- 1/4 tsp. (1.25g) Allspice
- 1/8 tsp (.75g) Cardamom
- 1 14-oz. (400ml) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 1/2 (315g) Cups Pecan Halves
- 1 1/4 Cup (310ml) of Toffee or Caramel or Dulce De Leche
- Mini Tartlets
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Heat pumpkin puree with spices on medium until mixture is warmed.
- In a separate bowl add 14oz condensed milk and 2 eggs. Scoop in spiced pumpkin puree and whisk until smooth.
- With a 1/2 T (7.5ml) spoon, pour, fill the tartlets.
- In a pan, toast pecans for 1-2 minutes then add caramel on top. Bring to a boil then remove from heat.
- Top pumpkin filled tartlets with one caramelized pecan and bake.
- Insert toothpick in center and remove when toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes.