This fresh and colorful Rainbow Pasta Salad is full of veggies like beets, broccoli corn and carrots and drizzled with a light orange-herb vinaigrette!
Shanghai’s rainy gloom has finally lifted and the sun is out in full force. That means let’s put away the heavy Crock Pot and turn the oven off. It’s time for a refreshing Rainbow Pasta Salad with all of the colorful vegetables that you love, like beets, corn, tomatoes, broccoli and carrots! All of these yummy vegetables were in this weeks Goma Greens Box, so I was so excited to make this salad. I’ve seen variations of the Rainbow Salad all over Pinterest, and I start to drool every time I see one of those cute long pins! I added just 2 cups of dried pasta to mine, because I want the star of the dish to be the vegetables not the pasta. You could easily double the amount of pasta if you are looking for a heavier dish.
You can also add crumbly feta cheese to the dish or even grilled chicken. The options are endless!
Summer is almost here and I can't think of a better way to celebrate than with this fresh and colorful Rainbow Pasta Salad! Loaded with color and a light orange-herb vinaigrette it's delicious for a picnic, add grilled chicken to turn it into dinner or add feta cheese and enjoy it for lunch.
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 1 Carrots, shredded
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- 1 Beet, ends trimmed
- 1/2 head Broccoli, florets only
- 2 cups uncooked Bow Tie Pasta (or any pasta)
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower or Grape Seed Oil
- 1 tablespoons Honey or Agave
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- A few sprigs of herbs like Mint or Basil
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook the pasta according to directions and set aside.
- Boil the the corn. Drain the water and set aside.
- Cut the beets in half and boil for 20-25 minutes or until soft.
- Mix together all of the pasta ingredients.
- For the Vinaigrette:
- In a food processor, mix all of the ingredients together.
- Pour 1/2 of the vinaigrette over the salad. Toss together. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- If desired, you can add cheese to the salad or serve it with grilled chicken.