Simply Roasted Cabbage Wedges are a healthy way to enjoy cabbage. Roasting mellows out the cabbage’s strong flavor, leaving you with a tender and slightly sweet flavor.
I’ve eaten more cabbage in China than I have in my entire life! Before China I ate Cabbage Rolls and Coleslaw. That was it for me and the round leafy veggie. But being in China and working with Goma Greens, I’ve been forced to get creative with cabbages- red and green. This week when Christina from Goma told me there would be cabbage in the box I thought, crap! What am I going to do with the cabbage this time?!
But I decided to… get creative! Brussel Sprouts are yummy roasted so why not cabbage? I decided to keep it simple since it’s my first time roasting them and just seasoned them with olive oil, salt and pepper. When you eat raw cabbage it has a strong flavor! A lot of people don’t like that. Personally I don’t mind it. I enjoy cabbage raw. But when you roast the cabbage all of that strong flavor goes away and you’re left with a slightly sweet flavor. My son loved it! He ate one red and one green!
To add an extra flavor dimension I made a scrumptious Roasted Garlic Chipotle Sauce! Wowza I love this sauce so much! To turn the oven on and roast a head of garlic is a waste of time, but since I planned on roasting the cabbage I decided to kill two birds with one stone and roast the garlic with it. The garlic may take a bit longer to caramelize so you can start off by placing the garlic in the oven while you prep the cabbage.
Simply Roasted Cabbage Wedges are a healthy way to enjoy cabbage. Roasting mellows out the cabbage's strong flavor, leaving you with a tender and slightly sweet flavor.
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/2 head of Red Cabbage
- 1/2 head of Green Cabbage
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 head Garlic
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Slice each cabbage into 3 or 4 wedges.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cut the bottom part of the garlic, but keep the head of the garlic intact. Drizzle with olive oil and salt. Wrap in a piece of foil. Place the foil-wrapped garlic on the baking sheet with the cabbage.
- Place your baking rack on the top. Bake the cabbage wedges and garlic at 450F for 15 minutes. Flip the cabbage and bake the other side for 10 minutes.
- Remove garlic from the foil and squeeze out the cloves of garlic. In a small food processor, process the garlic, mayo, salt, pepper, lemon juice and smoked paprika
- Spread the Roasted Garlic Sauce over the Roasted Cabbage Wedges.