WARNING! The sweet and salty combination of these delicious Salted Butterscotch Rice Krispie Treats is highly addictive!
Our family loves Rice Krispie Treats! There’s something about that gooey marshmallow center and the crunch of the Rice Krispie Cereal that we can’t resist. A tray of these sweet treats doesn’t last more than 24 hours around here. Between my kids, their friends and of course, ME! we gobble them up so quickly I have to make a new batch for the Mr. Nomad!
As much as I love the classic Rice Krispie flavor, I’ve had a crazy hankering for something with butterscotch. Not sure why, but a big bowl of butterscotch pudding sounds good right now. But I know my family won’t enjoy it as much as I would and I’ll end up eating the whole bowl alone. What would they love? How about these Salted Butterscotch Rice Krispie Treats! Adding butterscotch chips to an already very sweet dessert means a sugar attack but sprinkling a tablespoon of Sea Salt over the treats really mellows out the flavor of the sweetness.
Mmm.. sweet and salty…
Can life get any better than these Salted Butterscotch Rice Krispie Treats? I think not!
To make these yummy treats, follow the standard Rice Krispie recipe then throw in a cup of butterscotch chips. Then sprinkle on top a tablespoon of sea salt. Make sure to spread them out so you don’t end up with a huge clump in one area and no salt in the other. Even distribution is key to the best Salted Butterscotch Rice Krispie Treats ever!
WARNING! The sweet and salty combination of these delicious Salted Butterscotch Rice Krispy Treats is highly addictive!
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 10 ounces Marshmallows or 7 ounces Marshmallow Creme
- 1 cup Butterscotch Chips
- 6 cups Rice Krispies® cereal
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt
- Pour the cereal into a large bowl.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a saucepan, heat the marshmallows, butter and butterscotch chips over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Gently stir the marshmallow mixture over the cereal until completely coated. Press into the pre-greased baking pan. Sprinkle with the sea salt and cool completely before serving.
- Eat right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.