Shanghai’s Pierogi Ladies have three new flavors that you need to try today! Mushroom and Sauerkraut, Beetroot and Goat Cheese and Malibu with chocolate and mascarpone.
(Special offer at the bottom of this article!)
I don’t think I could have given a more glowing review to the amazing ladies at Pierogi Ladies in my last review. Their original flavors were outstanding- The Classic stuffed potatoes, the Spinach and Feta and to satisfy your sweet tooth, Strawberry. As a customer I was happy and pleased with the choices they offered. I could live of the classic ones.
But Pierogi Ladies are not done being creative…
They’ve just released 3 new flavors that seriously compete with the originals.
- Sauerkraut and Mushroom Pierogi- served with sour cream and killer sauerkraut
- Beetroot and Goat Cheese Pierogi- served with sour cream
- Malibu Pierogi- chocolate with mascarpone and served with a sweetened sour cream
If you twisted my arm and made me tell you my favorite I would have to pick the Mushroom and Sauerkraut Pierogi. Like seriously mouth-wateringly good! As a fan of beetroot I also really liked the Beetroot with Goat Cheese, but I think it was the tartness of the sauerkraut that came with the Mushroom Pierogi that I really loved. Definitely order extra sauerkraut if you’re a fan because Pierogi Ladies’ is the best I’ve ever had.
As I’ve told you before I’m not a huge fan of chocolate and while I did enjoy the one Malibu Pierogi that I tried, my chocolate loving son definitely enjoyed the other 9!!
And oh! Shanghai’s Pierogi Ladies advise that you lightly pan fry the pierogi in butter after boiling to add a crunch to the pierogi. This crunch is especially yummy for the Malibu.
I think what makes Pierogi Ladies pierogi so special is that they are obviously made with love. Each piece is perfectly sealed and designed with the same care and attention that you’d find in Poland.
Pierogi are the perfect after school/work snack or you can add a colorful salad and bowl of soup to make a full meal. Pierogi Ladies sell them in packs of 8 and are frozen for easy storage. When you’re ready to make them (like the day they’re delivered) you just boil them in salt water until the pierogi float to the top. Then drain and sauté in butter.
So how can you get your hands on this Polish staple?
There are lots of ways…
- Check out their website to see what flavors of pierogi you want
- Order via WeChat: They can deliver to you (for a small fee based on your location)
Joanna – Mobile: 18521522747/ WeChat: joasiaboczek
Gosia – Mobile: 13818782405/ WeChat: GosiaM
- Pick them up at Craft in (7 Donghu Road, Near Middle Huai Hai Road)
- Enjoy them fresh at Craft every Tuesday night from 8:00pm-10:30pm
- Or visit them at pop up markets around Shanghai, like Jiashan market and Brunch & Bazaar where you can eat them straight off the frying pan or take them home with you.
- They are also available for brunch at The Rooster (455 North Shaanxi road)
- NOW ON KATE AND KIMI!- Order your pierogi on Kate and Kimi while you order the rest of your groceries! Just follow this link to order —> ORDER NOW <——
*They come frozen with instructions on how to prepare them at home. It’s super easy!**
I’ve just given you plenty of ways to get yourself pierogi but how about I tell you a secret…
FOLLOW RECIPE NOMAD ON WECHAT AND SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON YOUR WECHAT MOMENTS AND THE 1ST 10 PEOPLE WILL RECEIVE A 20RMB CERTIFICATE TO USE TOWARDS YOUR PURCHASE! (After you share it, send me a screenshot and I’ll send you the promo code)
*Offer only valid when ordering directly through Pierogi Ladies via WeChat*
**I was given free pierogi in return for my post. However all thoughts and opinions are my own.**
If you have a product that you would like featured, please email me at RecipeNomad@gmail.com