These St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Shake Whoopie Pies are the most delicious St. Patrick’s Day dessert you’ll ever make! And the mint cream filling is OMG good! Like a Shamrock Shake only a million times more delicious. Share one with a friend or keep them all for yourself!
I’m sharing this recipe with you in record time. When you don’t live in the USA, you quickly forget about many of the holiday’s that keep you in the kitchen baking to celebrate. It’s not too hard to forget about Valentine’s Day- it’s quite popular here in Shanghai. But St. Patrick’s Day? Not so much. Some of the restaurants and bars that cater to westerners are having a party, but not class parties, no St. Patty’s Day lunch parties… for the most part it’s just another day in Shanghai.
This weekend I got onto Pinterest and was hit in the face with everything in celebration of the leprechaun! What caught my (P)interest the most was Shamrock Shake Cookies by Back for Seconds. Oh My Goodness did they look so good! But Haley made Red Velvet Whoopie Pies over the weekend and I thought- what if I took the flavor of the Shamrock Shake and combined it with a WHOOPIE PIE!?
Let me repeat myself…
Ok, I have to be honest I never had a Shamrock Shake in the USA, but if I had it would not have been nearly as food as these Shamrock Shake Whoopie Pies. The whoopie pie itself is a simple vanilla recipe with the addition of some white chocolate chips. What really makes these pies OMG is the mint creamy center! I just can’t even begin to describe the flavor. I had one. Then I had one more. Then I went in for one last one. But hey- I was already 3 deep- what was one more! Four. I ate four Shamrock Shake Whoopie Pies. As I photographed them.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone!
These St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Shake Whoopie Pies are the most delicious St. Patrick's Day dessert you'll ever make! And the mint cream filling is OMG good! Like a Shamrock Shake only a million times more delicious. Share one with a friend or keep them all for yourself!
40 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 Egg
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 ounces Butter, melted
- Green Food Coloring
- 2 cups Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- White Chocolate Chips
- 6 ounces Butter, softened
- 8 ounces Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 teaspoon Mint Extract
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- With an electric mixer, cream the egg and sugar. Add enough green food coloring to get a nice bright green.
- Mix the yogurt, milk and vanilla in a small bowl. Add to the mixer bowl and mix until well combined.
- Beat in the butter.
- On low, beat in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until everything is well combined.
- Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 325F.
- After 20 minutes, spoon the batter into rounded 1/2 tablespoons onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Press in white chocolate chips upside down.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops are soft and the edges just start to brown.
- When cool fill with Mint Cream Filling
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, marshmallow fluff and mint extract.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, beating to fully incorporate the ingredients.
- Add the milk and beat for 30 more seconds until smooth.