Back in my early Betty Crocker days, my cupcakes were topped with the finest Betty Crocker jarred frosting that money could buy. When Kroger put it on sale for $2 I would load up so I had enough frosting to cover all of the boxed cupcakes mixes that filled my pantry.
Times have changed. Living overseas I’ve learned that:
- I can make cupcakes without a box.
- I can make frosting without a jar.
To top the pretty in pink Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcakes that I made for Veronica’s Zumba’s birthday party, I used a basic cream cheese frosting and instead of using only milk as the thinner, I also used strawberry daiquiri mix. Then I added lots of pink food colouring to the mixture to give it the bright pink Zumba colour.
Can I just say yummy?
Bursting with strawberry flavor, this pretty in pink Strawberry Daiquiri Frosting is the perfect compliment to Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcakes!
- 4 ounces Butter
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 3 1/2- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoon Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
- Pink Food Coloring (optional)
- With an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and cream cheese until combined and creamy.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Beat until incorporated before adding the next cup.
- If the frosting becomes too thick, add 1 tablespoon daiquiri.
- Continue adding the powdered sugar. (only do 3 1/2 cups at first)
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon daiquiri mix. Beat.
- Add heavy cream and food colouring if using, then beat until the color becomes pink.
- If the frosting is too thin add up to 1/2 cup more powdered sugar.