I find myself hosting more gatherings in Shanghai than I did in any other place I lived. Between book club, neighborhood potlucks and kids parties there always seems to be a reason to make something delicious to serve to family and friends.
Personally I’m a salty snacker. I love dips and spreads the most. Scrumptious, bite-sized snacks full of flavor! I’ve experimented with all sorts of cheese spreads, and my favorite is Sun Dried Tomato and Olive Cheeseball. I always have all the ingredients for it in my refrigerator and pantry or I can easily order them from Fields, which makes it my go-to for any event. An extra bonus is it only takes 5 minutes to make and it’s delicious with crackers or vegetables, especially celery and carrots!
Everyone who’s tried it has absolutely loved it. The flavors work perfectly together to create a delectable crowd pleasing spread! Make sure you refrigerate it for at least two hours to allow the flavors to really develop. The longer you keep it in the refrigerator the stronger the flavors will be.
The perfect cheese spread for any event!
5 minPrep Time
2 hr, 5 Total Time
- 12 ounces (350g) Cream Cheese
- 4 ounces (115g) shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 ounces (50g) Sour Cream
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 3/4 cup Pitted Black Olives, chopped
- 1 Jar (180g) Sun Dried Tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Sprigs of Green Onions, sliced thin
- Carrots, Celery and Crackers to Serve
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the green onions.
- Form the mixture into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to develop.
- Remove from refrigerator and roll the ball in the green onions to completely cover it.
- Serve cold with crackers or vegetables