Getting together with neighbours is the best part of living in an expat compound. It’s even better when you have neighbours that the entire family gets along with. There’s really nothing worse than when you really liking someone but your husband totally hates her husband. Or the kids don’t get along because their kids are brats (not your kids of course) or are different ages.
Nothing brings families and friends together more than a potluck, especially when the weather is starting to feel a bit like summer. When Molly invited us over for Easter Potluck Dinner I knew what I would be bringing to satisfy our sweet tooth! A Toasted S’Mores Dip Ball! Or is it a Roasted S’Mores Dip Ball?
I don’t know but I’ve been working on this recipe for the last couple of days. S’more are always a hit with adults and kids so this recipe for Toasted S’mores Ball can’t possible go wrong.
It was incredibly easy to make too! How toasted should you toast the marshmallows? That’s up to you. Personally I Iike my marshmallows burnt to a crisp, but for the dip you just need to make sure that the center of the marshmallows are nice and soft. To melt the inside without charring the outside, toast them over low heat on the stovetop, spinning to brown all sides.
If the S’mores mixture is too soft after mixing it together, refrigerate it for 30 minutes, then roll it into a ball. Enjoy with graham crackers and sliced apples.
A super yummy way to enjoy a summer treat without the campfire!
- 12-15 Marshmallows
- 2 ounces Butter, softened
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Pack of Graham Crackers, roughly chopped
- 100g Chocolate Bar, chopped
- 1/2 pack of Graham Crackers, finely ground
- Roast the marshmallows on the stove top until they are browned and soft inside.
- Beat butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy.
- Add marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate and mix to combine.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up if necessary.
- Form the s'mores mixture into a ball.
- Roll the ball in the finely ground graham crackers.
- Serve with apple wedges or more graham crackers.