Still trying to hack through your turkey leftovers? I ended up freezing about 3lbs of leftover turkey this year. A lot less than last year but there were more guests this year. My kids begged that I not turn the turkey into a soup or noodle casserole if I was going to insist on making using turkey for dinner.
I found a really nice Indian-Chinese stir fry recipes not my Better Homes and Garden cookbook that was easy to make and different than the usual.
I did add sugar to the recipe because I found the flavor of the turmeric to be a bit stronger than my kids would like. Taste your sauce before you add sugar though if your family likes turmeric.
Turmeric Turkey Stir Fry
- 12oz Turkey or Chicken, cooked and shredded
- 4 T Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 2 Carrots, julienned
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 4 T Soy Sauce
- 4 t Dried Basil
- 4 t Cornstarch
- 1 t Turmeric
- 1 1/2 t Sugar
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Cups Steamed Rice
- Combine soy, turmeric, chicken broth, sugar, basilar cornstarch. Whisk together until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large deep pan or wok. Sauté carrots 2 minutes. Add broccoli and bell pepper and sauté an additional 2 minutes. Add in turkey and continue sautéing 2-3 minutes or until heated through
- Pour turmeric-soy mixture over the vegetables and turkey and bring to boil in medium heat. Reduce to simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve over steamed rice.