If you love Twix Bars, you’re seriously going to love these Twix Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. Don’t blame me if you eat the whole pan!
I’m ashamed to admit that I still have candy leftover from our return trip home to the USA in December. We go through spurts where Mr. Nomad, the kids (and maybe me) binge on an unhealthy amount of candy, then we lose interest in it. It’s usually about a month after we return home when our bodies are beginning to forget about all of the sugar, carbs, and crap we consumed at home. Yep about a month when we’ve almost detoxed from our binging for our bodies to say Hey! I want some American goodies!
That’s when we head to the Costco Room and check out what we have up there to remind us of home. In the Costco sized bag of chocolates we brought back the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are the first to go followed by the Snickers. For some reason the Twix bars do not get eaten as quickly. I like them but no one else seems too keen on them. So when I was rummaging through the ubiquitous room a few days ago I found a nearly empty bag of chocolate on the shelf, with only a dozen and Twix left.
What the hell! Let’s get rid of the whole lot in an epic and most delicious Twix Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. These cookie bars are the stuff that dreams are made of. I used my classic cookie bar recipe and I added 10 fun size Twix Bars chopped up (don’t over-chop them- you want some good chunks in there) and then just for good measure I added a handful of chocolate chips.
I don’t know how many times I’ve told you- Nah I’m a lemon person not a chocolate person, but every now and then I come up with a chocolate dessert that blows my mind. Let’s just say I ate more than 1 of these Twix Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. More than 2. More than 3. Oh my….These are good. Go! Gooooo! Make them!
If you love Twix Bars, you're seriously going to love these Twix Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. Don't blame me if you eat the whole pan!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- Pinch of Salt
- 8 ounces Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 10 Twix Bars, chopped small
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer beat the butter on high until creamy.
- Add both sugars, salt, baking soda and Cornstarch and beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until just combined.
- Carefully beat in the flour until fully incorporated. Stir in the Twix and chocolate chips.
- Spread onto the baking sheet. Spray Pam Cooking Spray on your hands to make it easier to spread the batter.
- Bake 20-22 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack before removing the bars from the parchment paper.